2013 Programs and Events
- “Israel/Palestine and US Middle East Foreign Policy: Building a Movement for Change” Stephen Zunes, PhD, Chair Middle East Studies, University of San Francisco. Two programs in Chapel Hill.
- Non-Violent Popular Resistance in Palestine and “5 Broken Cameras” film screenings of Oscar nominated and International Emmy awarded documentary ( 2013). CPWJ hosted Iyad Burnat, Palestinian leader in non-violence from Bi’lin, West Bank, Palestine. Presentations in Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Duke and UNC-CH classes.
- “Understanding the Israel/Palestine Conflict”. A course taught by CPWJ members offered through OLLI, Continuing Education Program, Duke University.
March, May and July
- Witness Trip to Gaza with Interfaith Peace Builders, November 2012. Ralph and Emily McCoy made presentations at Durham and Chapel Hill churches and North Carolina Central University class on their trip to Gaza.
April and May
- Bearing Witness. Reflections from Tree of Life/Friends of Sabeel study tour of Israel/Palestine by Rev Mark Davidson, Senior Pastor, Church of Reconciliation, Chapel Hill. Two presentations in Chapel Hill.
- Al Hannouneh. Performances by renowned Palestinian Folkloric Dabkeh Dancers and Musicians. CPWJ co-sponsored in cooperation with the Raleigh Fletcher Opera Theater and Queens University Auditorium Charlotte.
- Our Harsh Logic: Israeli Soldiers Testimonies from the Occupied Territories. A book tour with Dana Golan, Israeli veteran and former director of Breaking the Silence, Israeli NGO. Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Greensboro (Guilford College), Asheville, and Charlotte.